kkat's Review of Rock Star Supernova

My thoughts on Rock Star Supernova, the CBS reality show focused on finding a lead singer for Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke and Jason Newsted. Who will win? Dilana? Lukas? Magni? Storm Large? Toby Rand? Listen to the analysis on my podcast and see if you agree with me.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Introducing...Van Halen?

Supernova's performance with Dilana last Wednesday gave us some insight into their new sound. Ok, maybe "new sound" isn't the best choice of words. I had some late 70s/80s flashbacks and can't help but wonder if Supernova wants to recreate the Van Halen era. Think about it - based on what we heard on Wednesday, is a cover of Running With The Devil that far behind?

Maybe that was just one song and it doesn't reveal all that much. Or maybe it does.

I'll still be watching even though I'd prefer a more alternative sound to their music. Something that Magni, Lukas or Storm could run wild with.

You can hear more about Supernova's sound and who I think will make it to the final by downloading today's podcast.

I'm very curious to see what they sound like this week. And WHO they choose to sing with.

Note: My podcast discussing week 8 will likely be available on August 27th (a bit delayed from the usual schedule).

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Thanks for the new Rock Star podcast. I've listened to all three episodes, and I really enjoyed your thoughtful analysis and the connection you have to the musical context. I'll definitely keep listening!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home